CTO/Director of engineering
We’re looking for an accomplished web and iOS/android developer with experience at multiple startups.
Badfish aims to be the largest online and mobile fishing community through a network of apps focused on user aggregation, data collection, and content syndication. As a company we highly value personal growth, risk taking, people centered products, and of course, adventures in the great outdoors. We are looking for a person who will thrive within a team of this kind of culture.
The CTO’s role is to assure the successful execution of the Badfish business mission through planning, development, and deployment of the company’s web and mobile products. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as a web and mobile app based business, managing a team of engineers, leading implementation of the development, and planning for risk and growth. The entire team works closely with one another and directly with users to tackle bugs and answer tricky support questions. It's important for us to write code with customers in mind so that we can provide the best experience possible with Badfish.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in software development and startup companies
- Working experience with more than one currently popular web application framework such as Node.js or RoR
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Proficient with Swift or Objectiv-C, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Animation etc.
- Experience with web server configuration.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Working experience in iOS and Android development
- Have published one or more apps in the app store
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Experience with third-party libraries, APIs and push notifications
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle