Our third annual Tailers Cup Redfish tournament is back in Charleston, SC on Saturday October 13th, 2018! The Tailers Cup is a catch & release, fly fishing only, redfish tournament around the surrounding waters of Charleston, SC where large tides will offer a variety of great fishing opportunities throughout the day. As always, we kick off the weekend Friday night with the Tailers Ball hosted by our friends @ Flood Tide Co.
This year we've lined up even more epic prizes so be sure to secure a spot and sign up by Aug 15th for the Dawn Patrol special. Deadline to register is October 1st.
*If you want to purchase a ticket for your teammate you must go through the transaction process again for registration purposes.
- Standard one angler entry: $60
- Dawn Patrol special: $45 if bought before August 15th
- Deadline: October 1st
Date, Time, Events
Friday October 12th
Mandatory Captain’s meeting - Royal American - 6pm
@ Flood Tide Co.'s Tailers Ball
970 Morrison Dr Charleston, SC 29403
Saturday October 13th
Lines out @ 6am or anytime thereafter
Official YETI After Party & Awards Reception - Revelry Brewery - 5pm
10 Conroy St. Charleston, SC 29403
*First 100 anglers to check in receive custom Tailers Cup 20oz YETI Rambler*
- This is an inshore fly fishing only redfish tournament. Wading, kayak and SUPs are permitted. No fishing wrecks or jetties. No chumming, scent, or other unsportsmanlike shenanigans.
- Only two people per team.
- Teams of two shall remain together. If not by skiff teammates must remain within eyesight of each other and take the photo, so no selfies!
- Any tiebreaks shall go to the longest fish.
- Fishing range is unlimited but teams must check in to scorers table at Revelry no later than 5:00 pm.
- Badfish has full discretion on all rules, fish measurement, fish submission, disqualification and final scoring. No exceptions.
- For the purpose of this tournament, the Tailers Cup headquarters will be Revelry Brewery
Scoring & Measurement
- Most inches wins
- Teams may enter their top 3 fish
- Scoring and measuring fish for this tournament should be done as follows:
- Fish must be photographed with smart phone or digital camera alongside measuring tape and tournament chip provided in Captain’s bag.
- All measurements should be in inches (to the quarter of an inch) and be measured from the tip of the nose to the end of the tail.
- Tape measure inch marks must be legible in photograph or fish will be disqualified.
- All fish must be measured, photographed and released alive.
Over $5,000 in Prizes including Rods, Reels, Coolers, Shades, and more (Details coming soon)
Follow along on our Facebook event page for updates too!